Wednesday 20 October 2010

Design

Now I'm starting on probably my favorite project so far: designing a character and scenario from text.

As soon as I saw this within the coursework document I started thinking of ideas. I am a huge fan of Iain M. Banks Culture novels and I am planning on creating something from them, or one of his other sci-fi works. My shortlist of books I'd like to create visuals for are:

Use of Weapons (Probably my favorite book of his)
Against a Dark Background (Fantastic visual ideas, like the logjam - a floating city made of scavanged ships)
The Algebraist (Again, visually inspiring - especially the gas giant that the book centres around)

I'm going to start sketching ideas to see what comes out best - and I'll post them onto this blog when I'm done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment